HP’s new “cloud product” Helion is announced.
It is actually “nearly pure” Openstack. HP says that it is optimized, stabilized, simplified distribution of Openstack built for enterprise solution. Additionally, it is completely free product. If you want, you can buy support from HP.
Here is some points to mention:
- Unfortunately, it has limitations. You can use the product up to 30 host and 600 instances.
- It does not have hardware dependency.
- It will be upgradable, automated and live.
- It is for private cloud only.
- It is based on Openstack Icehouse.
- It’s nodes are based HP Linux host OS.
I will test this product soon, and share my opinions about it.
- Source: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/cloud/hphelion-openstack-community.html
- Source: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/cloud/helion-overview.html