Vmware made a great leap forward for Operations Manager renamed vRealize Operations Manager. It’s 6.0.1 version is already out. Unfortunately, there are some manual processes on some settings including Node Address change and IP change of nodes. I try to ease these operations with this guide.
Recently, I had some issues about the “Node Address” of a node, I needed to change the DNS entry of a Remote Collector (Not IP Address), after some research I finally found a quick way to do it. As you can see below picture remotenode01 dns name is seen to be remotenode3.vsphere.local (or the node name is wrong) and I want to fix that.
Changing the IP address is a tricky process and there are some guides in blogs. I will try to explain changing the DNS name of an any node. You can check the “Resources” if you want to change the IP address of the nodes.
Before starting anyting
- Check the version of the vROPS, I did this with 6.0.1.
- Snapshot! Get the snapshot of “
- Snapshot! Get the snapshot of “ALL NODES“.
- Enable the SSH service on all nodes by using this command: service sshd start
- Open SSH consoles for all nodes.
- Open Admin panel of vROPS (https://yourvropsmasternodeaddressorip/admin)
- Open the Admin panel of Master node and take Cluster Offline. Wait for all nodes to be offline.
- Open SSH sessions; beginning with Master Node, stop the vmware-casa service for each node: service vmware-casa stop
- Open this file with your favorite editor: /storage/db/casa/webapp/hsqldb/casa.db.script
- Find the ip_address entry, there should be one for all nodes. There is a slice_name entry but I guess it is just visual name of the nodes, so you can try to change it too.
- Change the old IP address or DNS address with new one in the file for all nodes. Save and exit.
- Beginning with Master node, start the vmware-casa service for all nodes using this command: service vmware-casa start
- Go to vROPS Master node admin panel, reload the page and login again. Start the Cluster and return to the vROPS web page. Check if everyting is OK.
How to change IP address of vROPS nodes: http://imallvirtual.com/change-vrops-master-node-ip-address/
VMware KB about vmware-casa service: http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=2106950